<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Several years back I was quoted a figure of $10-15K per item for a vinyl mold, i.e., limb or head, although I am certain the price has gone up considerably since then. As they would need a number of duplicates as a mold can only be used so many times before it loses fidelity, it is a pretty pricey proposition to add a new sculpt to the line.Originally posted by Pat B:
I wonder if the cost of creating a new face mold
would fource AG to increase prices. I think that
AG will only develop a new face mold for a major character- new historical.
Nonetheless, I would like to see AG add several more sculpts to their line, as well as offer the option of a semi-custom doll with eye color, freckles, hair color and style as the options. Sheesh, they could even charge more for the customization...
Taffy
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 16, 2005 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Taffy Cheerful ]</font>
Bookmarks